Personal susceptibility to fraud questionnaire
The purpose of this questionnaire is to learn more about the personal attributes that might be important in helping people avoid fraud. The questionnaire takes approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. Please try and answer all of the questions, but if you want to stop, you may do so at any time.
The questionnaire has two parts. In Part 1, you will be asked to read a series of statements about your general thoughts, feelings and decision-making behaviour in everyday situations, for example, ‘I prefer to take my time to think things through.’ After each statement we would like you to indicate the extent to which you agree or disagree with that statement using one of five responses:
(SD) Strongly Disagree, (D) Disagree somewhat, (U) Uncertain, (A) Agree Somewhat, (SA) Strongly Agree
In Part 2, you will be asked to answer a few questions about your personal characteristics and whether you have ever been a victim of a scam and if so, to briefly explain what type of scam it was.
You must be over 18 to take part in the study. Any answers you supply will be treated confidentially. The survey does not ask for your name or contact details.
If you would like any further information before completing the questionnaire, please email the researcher: firstname.lastname@example.org
Informed consent is routinely required for participants in psychological studies. Please read the information below before deciding whether or not to participate in this study.
1. I understand that my participation is voluntary and that I am free to withdraw at any time without giving any reason.
2. I confirm that I have had the opportunity to consider the study information and understand the nature of the survey I will be asked to complete. I have had the opportunity to contact the researcher before taking part and any questions I have about the study have been satisfactorily answered.
3. I understand that the findings of this study may later be published or presented at meetings, however any individual responses I provide will not be personally identifiable to me. I give my permission for my data to be disseminated in this way.
4. I confirm that any responses I contribute can be retained confidentially and may be used in future research that has been approved by a Research Ethics Committee.
5. I understand that if I later wish my responses not to be used in the study, I will have 14 days after completing the survey to contact the researcher and request that my responses are not used in the study. After this period, it will not be possible to withdraw my data.
If you have read and understood the nature of this study and are willing to continue please tick the box below: